Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Yesterday, a little poopy...

My roommate and I used to joke around that our lives should be filmed just because you would not believe the stuff that happens to us.  Yesterday was one of those days.  It all began at about 4:30 PM when we had a minor office emergency, and I walked next door to see if they had a plunger (lets refer to this as 1).  However, no one answered.  I came back to the office empty handed... or so I thought.  You see, I started to smell something a little funny.  Passing it off as perhaps my breath, because I had Easy Mac, peanuts, coffee, and hot chocolate, I went ahead and left work and went home.

Last night, I was determined to make cheese enchiladas.  Sam was coming over and I wanted to get some chores done around the house.  I started picking up things and putting them away including a DVD I had left on the kitchen table.  As I set it in the DVD stand, I walked away only to hear the DVD stand crash to the ground (this will be 2, and it happens all the time).  I frantically picked up the DVD's warding off B the dog who had to know what was going on with all the movies on the floor.  I unloaded the dishwasher, and then was going to sweep up a bit.  Over by the trash can I saw a leaf on the ground, and went to sweep it up... however, it was not a leaf.  It was poop (3).  Everything started to make sense, the funny smell, the odd "leaf" on the ground... when I had walked over to the next door office neighbors I stepped in dog poop!  Hobbling outside I frantically started rubbing my foot in the grass hoping for some of it to come off.  I removed my shoe and came back inside huffing and puffing.  Taking a cue from Anne Lamott, I mentally put a note in God's In Box that said, "Seriously?"

Into the bathroom I went, armed with a scrubby brush and ran the poop shoe under water trying to remove as much of the grossness as I could (4).  Then I looked down and noticed that as I was scrubbing the poop off my shoe, the stiff bristles of the brush were flicking the watery sludge onto my clothes!  The entire lower right side of my body was covered in little speckle sprinkles of POOP!  I decided to do the best that I could with the shoe, which mean I stuck it on the first step out to the garage.  Trying to put the whole poop shoe behind me, taking a deep breath, I started changing clothes when I get a call from Sam.  His car is messing up... again (5).  He couldn't come over to my house, I had to go over to his.  Mentally, I took the note out of God's In Box and added an exclamation mark and put it back in, just like Anne would.  Surely, nothing else can surprise me now as I swiffered the entire house.

I packed up the cooking supplies and headed over to Sam's house, where we made the most disgusting cheese enchiladas I have ever eaten in my entire life (6) and watched 3 full hours of America's Funniest Home Videos (quite possibly one of our favorite shows on television)...

Before all of this happened though, I looked pretty darn cute.


 
 

I have had this sweater since high school...  I am not kidding.  I bought it with my own money in high school from American Eagle and I thought I was sooo cool.

Cardigan: American Eagle Outfitters circa 2002
Tank: Gap circa 2005
Jeans: American Eagle Outfitters
Shoes: Naturalizers, Ebay

I took a safety pin and tied a piece of ribbon to it to make the sweater just look a little bit special.  I thought it looked preppy and pretty.

My post poop splatter outfit, was similar but with regular jeans, a blue tank under the sweater and just some shoes I had lying around in my room since I was in a rush.

With that, here is to Wednesday!  And I hope its better than Tuesday. 

3 comments:

  1. Holy crap... literally! I have also had a "Poop Scrub Spray" incident. Not cool.

    I honestly can't say that I remember how I came across your blog, but I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy it! Keep up the good work! I would love for you to check out fishmods.com sometime and let me know what you think.

    Cheers!

    fish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! And too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great share. I will have to use the "God inbox."

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails