Monday, October 18, 2010
Weekly Money Check Up
One of the biggest aspects of my year without shopping (and shopping in general) is money. Money and finance in fashion blogging (or just in general) is a subject that we shroud a lot. We skirt around how much we are spending or proudly proclaim how cheap we got something for (oh I do that a lot!). Grace from Money Smart Fashion started doing this and I really liked it and so I wanted to start doing it as well.
Over at the blog My Pretty Pennies, she does a Weekly Money Check-Up. Just answer the 5 questions:
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on my electric bill. Still not as much as I was spending since my house is very tiny and easy to heat and cool.
2. Today I feel stressed towards money. I stretched my budget a little too thin which has left me with just enough in my checking account until payday. But I have everything I need, and do not foresee myself spending money on anything except enough gas to get me through the week.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was I went and tried on jeans at the Gap. Sometimes its just fun to go try things on that you either really want or don't ever want. I tried on a plethora of pants, jeans, and leggings.
4. I will consider this week a success if I can work out at least 3 times this week. I've been really trying hard to start a routine in my new job/position. It still feels so foriegn to wake up at 5:45 and have to be out the door by 7:10 so I can catch the 7:30 shuttle. Once I officially start my new job next week, hopefully my commute will be shortened and in order to work out I won't have to be up at 5:15. I'm also excited because with my new job comes perks... such as, free workout classes included in my employee benefits.
5. My favorite cereal is Kroger brand Pecan Granola Flakey things. I'm not even sure if they make it anymore to be honest. But it was so good. It had dates, pecans and granola. So excellent. Now I'm more of an oatmeal girl. Its portable and easy to take with me to work. Which is actually also considered a cereal!
photo source: weheartit