Monday, October 25, 2010

Weekly Money Check Up & My Favorite Movie


One of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite movies. Fitting since I'm starting my new job tomorrow... will I be employee of the week?

Weekly Money Check Up is a feature on My Pretty Pennies.

1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on GAS.  But the good thing is, I got $.10 off a gallon.  I saved a whopping $1.80....  okay so its not whopping but meh.
2. Today I feel hoardish towards money.  No, not whorish... I have been such a penny pinching frugal ass.   I am reintroducing shopping back into my life in about 3 weeks.  I also have to save up for Christmas presents, traveling, and I want to go to New York sometime soon (spring probably).
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was vegged out and watched a disc of Supernatural with SamNickie will find this hilarious because I brought it up twice while she was visiting but, I recently started watching the show Supernatural and I really love it.  I have started from the beginning getting caught up to the present.  Disc 6 of Season 1 comes in the mail tomorrow.  I've been watching them all through Netflix.  It is such a treat because Sam and I both get excited when one comes in the mail, and I usually can't watch it until we can watch it together.  Its scary, spooky, and is just a really great show.  Sam and I made a bunch of snacks and curled up on my couch and just watched all 4 episodes in a row.  Perfect night!
4. I will consider this week a success if I go grocery shopping.  I will totally put it off and scrounge around and eat oatmeal for lunch and dinner just to not go to the grocery store.
5. This year for halloween I am dressing up as Alice (in Wonderland), a Blues Brother, or Jill (ya know Jack and Jill).  The past two years I have had some awesome costumes.  In 2008, Sam and I took Flight of the Conchords as inspiration.  He made a helmet of hair and I made my own flight of the conchords t-shirt.  We were Brett and Mel.  Last year, I went as Sookie from True Blood (and Sam went as a cowboy/burgler).  This year has proved difficult as I can't buy anything for a costume!  I am kicking myself for donating my costume box this past year.  But even thinking about what I had in there is funny... just a bunch of gross formals from 92.  What could I have been with that?  Oh I did have a coconut bra and grass skirt, but I think the coconut bra was for someone without boobs... aka not me.

Update: I worked out 3 days last week and actually just worked out a second ago.   Hooray for pushing yourself!

4 comments:

  1. I just discovered Supernatural and am TOTALLY hooked. Fell in love with Jensen way back in his Dark Angel days and now I find there's more of him - yay!

    Congrats on the working out! What did you do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm with you on the grocery store avoidance. we had plain pasta for dinner tonight because that's preeeetty much all that's in the house.

    hooray for relaxing night with marathon tv watching! my fav weekend activity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha trust me, as a girl with boobs. Coconut bras are never for girls with boobs. haha.

    i love that you are doing the money check-ups. I totally have to get back in that habit.

    good luck on your first day.

    ps. love empire records.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am OBSESSED with Empire Records - it's such a classic!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails