Monday, October 25, 2010
Weekly Money Check Up & My Favorite Movie
One of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite movies. Fitting since I'm starting my new job tomorrow... will I be employee of the week?
Weekly Money Check Up is a feature on My Pretty Pennies.
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on GAS. But the good thing is, I got $.10 off a gallon. I saved a whopping $1.80.... okay so its not whopping but meh.
2. Today I feel hoardish towards money. No, not whorish... I have been such a penny pinching frugal ass. I am reintroducing shopping back into my life in about 3 weeks. I also have to save up for Christmas presents, traveling, and I want to go to New York sometime soon (spring probably).
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was vegged out and watched a disc of Supernatural with Sam. Nickie will find this hilarious because I brought it up twice while she was visiting but, I recently started watching the show Supernatural and I really love it. I have started from the beginning getting caught up to the present. Disc 6 of Season 1 comes in the mail tomorrow. I've been watching them all through Netflix. It is such a treat because Sam and I both get excited when one comes in the mail, and I usually can't watch it until we can watch it together. Its scary, spooky, and is just a really great show. Sam and I made a bunch of snacks and curled up on my couch and just watched all 4 episodes in a row. Perfect night!
4. I will consider this week a success if I go grocery shopping. I will totally put it off and scrounge around and eat oatmeal for lunch and dinner just to not go to the grocery store.
5. This year for halloween I am dressing up as Alice (in Wonderland), a Blues Brother, or Jill (ya know Jack and Jill). The past two years I have had some awesome costumes. In 2008, Sam and I took Flight of the Conchords as inspiration. He made a helmet of hair and I made my own flight of the conchords t-shirt. We were Brett and Mel. Last year, I went as Sookie from True Blood (and Sam went as a cowboy/burgler). This year has proved difficult as I can't buy anything for a costume! I am kicking myself for donating my costume box this past year. But even thinking about what I had in there is funny... just a bunch of gross formals from 92. What could I have been with that? Oh I did have a coconut bra and grass skirt, but I think the coconut bra was for someone without boobs... aka not me.
Update: I worked out 3 days last week and actually just worked out a second ago. Hooray for pushing yourself!