Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Summer, You Wore Out Your Welcome




The summer heat that lingered around, reminded me of that guest who just will not leave.  You know the type, they stay until the very end, most likely showed up early.  They have already done all of your dishes for you (hey they are nice), and they still will not leave.  You finally have to go change into your pajamas and hopefully, then they will get the hint.  That was summer.  It wore out its welcome, and you could not go to sleep until it finally left.  Or in my case, wear tights and cardigans and jackets.

The fabulous Robyn of Twitch Vintage sent me this dress while I was on vacation.  It didn't sell in her shop and she thought I might like it.  Well, I do and it fits great and because of my new found ginger-ness, I can pull of paler shades and not look way too washed out.  

I definitely had major anxiety yesterday.  In all honesty, I do not have an extra cent to spend until the 8th of October.  I am on edge, tearful, and definitely cranky.  I am trying to think of other ways that I can earn some extra cash.  Namely, selling some clothes.  The thing is I don't have much to sell except for the stuff that no longer fits me (which is a lot).  Anyone have any suggestions? (Ya know besides selling plasma or something?)

Wearing:
Dress: vintage, Twitch Vintage
Necklace: Forever 21
Tights: Gap
Shoes: random shop in Chicago
Jacket: Urban Outfitters

10 comments:

  1. my heart swells. I love this paired with fall tights and outerwear. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:38 AM

    The dress is great. And don't worry about it- we've all had money-crunching moments. My hubby and I are in one right now because he got hurt at work and isn't getting his usual paychecks.

    Try selling clothes, even if they're too small. Or you could try to do a little free-lance (editing resumes or cover letters). Anything you can do for a few bucks that might help.

    Take back all the popcans you can find, dig in the couch for change (I'm not kidding).

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll look through your clothes and maybe buy one or two, then hug them cause they were yours... um... or not? hehe

    That dress is too cute, and it looks fabulous with your new hair color! And man don't you get all worried about money! We are young! YAY!

    And what's with everyone having an indian summer? It's been averaging the low 60's here for a few weeks now. I've actually been jealous of everyone's hot weather cause fall came early here.

    Lauren
    Sparrow & Urchin

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like how in your first photo you look pretty down about summer hanging around! haha.

    i'm actually cutting it REALLY REALLY super close for the next month myself....so i can relate. on the bright side, that dress is A W E S O M E!!! oh, and free?! even better! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dig this hair color on you!

    Re $$ - maybe you can organize and host a swap if you have the time. A lot of swaps charge at the door for admin/supplies and maybe you can make some extra cash that way - and find some new items?

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely dress, how nice of her to send it to you. wish I had some money making ideas for you but I dont...if I think of any I will shoot them your way

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great dress!
    As for the $ situation. Check to see if there are any market research companies in your area and call them and tell them you want to be considered for any upcoming focus groups they may have. I do that, and they pay around $100 (sometimes more!) for 2 hours of sharing your opinions about shampoo bottles or carpet cleaners or acid reflux medication or whatever! The only catch is that it isn't very regular, but the extra cash is nice when you get it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So first things first--I love the hair...its a perfect shade for you, suits you well and looks awesome!
    Second, I love the necklace of course...OWLS!
    Third, you described the lion's head belt I am wearing perfectly-we must indeed have the same one
    Fourth, I am taking you out and buying you drinks on Friday evening if you will grace me with your prescense...I am supposed to attend another band's show at "jack white's venue"??? where is that? I have to get details--want to join me?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your hair color :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails