Tuesday, August 10, 2010

100 days... 100 nights

Ladies and (some) gentlemen... let the countdown begin!  I have less that 100 days left of my year without shopping. 

100... 100 days...  WHAT?!

As I was thinking about my 100 days left of this challenge, I thought to myself.  "Gee, I didn't do as much sewing as I thought I would..."  Well, how can I fix this?  I can sew.  I am going to try and complete at least 10 sewing projects before my 100 days are up.  So far, my first project is already underway.  I am draping and designing a t-shirt dress.  And sorry, but I'm not going to do a tutorial or anything, this is not that kind of blog and there are women out there that do a much better job at it than me (such as Gertie, she's amazing you should really just look at what she can do with fabric and it will blow you away!).

I plan on completing my dress tonight and also a skirt too because I have two job interviews tomorrow and I do not really have anything to wear.  So that right there is two projects down. 

After those two projects, I will be moving on to this dress:
However, I am having a hard time deciding on the color.  At first I thought to do it cobalt blue, however, I also wanted to make sure it was on trend for fall.  After doing some research of fall lines and fall fashions, I am thinking that cobalt may not be the way to go.  Now, I'm thinking of doing a cranberry or a deep wine color instead.  Or even a deep saturated military green would be really great too.  I'm on the search for the perfect fabric and will probably order some swatches here soon.

9 comments:

  1. Ooo my vote is for military green on that dress.

    As for the 100 days to go, congratulations! I hope you have a big calendar that you get to make red Xs on everyday. I also home that you are having a finale party at the mall or something, where you will just go crazy... that would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh- I think cranberry would look awesome, but military green would be soooo in style!!

    And, congrats for being 100 days out! I can't wait for your reflections once this is all over! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that dress and you always inspire me to sew! i just realized that i won't be wearing gorgeous dresses like that this fall though, since i'll be growing into a bigger and bigger preggo! so instead i will envy you in your gorgeous dress : ) enjoy your last 100 days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh - I love that dress! I can't wait to see it when you finish! I vote (as if you were taking a vote) on Military Green - or maybe even like a deep teal?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, that dress is GORGEOUS. I can't wait to see it when you're done! I love the idea of a deep wine color. Maybe that's just because I like the idea of wine right now...

    Either way...

    ReplyDelete
  6. that dress looks awesome! super excited its only 100 days left!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    My jaw dropped when I saw that pattern you are working with. I made that exact same one a few weeks ago! I changed it a little and omitted the zipper and most of the facings because I used a semi-sheer fabric. Here's a link to my post on it:
    http://articulatorylaziness.blogspot.com/2010/07/made-it.html
    It's a great dress and very comfy. I'm going to make at least one more in a solid, opaque fabric.
    Good luck on it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love that pattern! I can't wait to see the finished product. I think military green would look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. where do you order your fabric from?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails