Friday, March 05, 2010

Lizzy Brookes Free Shipping for March

 

A few weeks ago I got a sweet care package from Lisa of Lizzy Brookes.  I have literally been on the edge of my seat waiting for the weather to get warm so that I could pair this outfit together.  It was almost completely ruined as well because I had a really bad day.

*small rabbit trail* I was having trouble this morning getting pictures because my usual spot was too bright (the sun was really bright this morning) so I decided to just wait until I got to work.  As I round the corner of the house, I see to my astonishment that my front driver's side tire is completely flat.  Now, my Dad taught me to change a flat tire and put on a spare, however, I had not changed it on my SUV that I drive now (I drive an X-Terra).  This was a problem because I had no idea how to get the spare off the bottom of my car.  After many expletives, tears, and road dust all over my jeans...  I gave up and called Sam.  I had managed to at least get the tire lowered to the ground, but just couldn't figure out how to remove it from the car.  Plus, I had really wanted a McDonald's biscuit with jelly and I missed it by 8 lowsy minutes.  

So, I changed into a different pair of skinnies (the one in the picture), wiped the mascara off my chin (yep, I cried), and impulsively purchased some french fries and some Orla Kiely stationary that is being sold on Gilt Fuse.  I felt better.  It was really difficult to get a good shot of this cardigan, but its beautiful.  It is a soft kimono-like sleeve cardigan with vintage black lace ribbon delicately stitched.  It is beautiful, and soft.  I actually cannot wait for late spring early summer to pair this with a black dress for a date or something.  My pictures simply do not catch the beauty of this piece, so I'm sending you to the Lizzy Brookes etsy shop to see this cardigan.

As a gift to her customers and supporters, Lizzy Brookes is offering free shipping for the entire month of March as she starts selling her spring collection.  I love the quality and the individuality of each piece, and I am sure you guys will too.  Normally, you know I wouldn't say go buy clothes, but these are totally worth it.  They are absolutely stunning!

The outfit:
Waves of White cream cardigan: Lizzy Brookes
Navy tank: J. Crew
Skinny Jeans: Express
Gray pointed-toe loafers: Urban Outfitters

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the outfit and that adorable cardigan! Oh if only I could pull off skinny jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! What a sweet post about my shop :) It made my weekend. Sorry you had so much trouble getting to work! Flat tires stink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:10 PM

    Very cute! I will have to check out her shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE outfit! Love it! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails