Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Weekly Money Check up - Jan. 24th, 2012
1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on getting my hair done. I spent so much on it, that I'm embarassed to type it out... I'll just keep it a secret, let's just say I could have bought at least two weeks worth of groceries. It was worth it though. I'm so happy with the way it turned out (can't you see my elation above). You can also see the glands under my tongue. Gross... I should really think about this stuff before posting it on the internet.
2. Today I am thankful for unspoken forgiveness. Let me get really honest: I suck at long distance friendships. Sunday night, I was throwing myself a huge pity party. The theme: "Classic questions Alyson just can't answer about herself right now." Perfect time for me to call either one of my two best friends in the whole world and just have some support, talk to them about their lives, have some comfort in knowing that, "Well, shit Alyson... no one's life is where they thought it would be... [insert perfect anecdote here]." It is nice to know that even though I've been a really crappy long distance friend, that when my friends and I do finally catch each other, its like they never left.
3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free thing I did last week that made me happy was finished all of my laundry. It really is the little things that make me happy. Not having a giant pile of clothes staring me in the face at the end of my bed. And of course getting to watch episode after episode of How I Met Your Mother. Oh and I guess this is free too... I bought a juicer... with a gift card from Amazon. Hence... it was free. Oh... and I watched the Bachelor! Last night! It was good... I hate how much I love that show.
4. I will consider this week a success if I can wake up 30 minutes later and still make it to work on time. It is amazing what cutting off 10+ inches of hair will do for ya. And a blog goal: to take pictures and blog about one outing this week. It will include a lot of instagramming.
5. The craft I am currently interested in right now is sewing. Before you say, "Cop out! You love to sew!" I haven't sewn in quite awhile. I get out of the habit of sewing because in the summer I don't want to be inside covered in scraps and in the winter I just want to curl up with my grey comforter and sleep. Sometimes, I wonder if I am a bear because I could totally hibernate all winter. That's ridiculous. I'm not a bear. I have 4 sewing projects that I want to work on, wait, make that five if I count making curtains.
Check out the original: Weekly Money Check Up over at My Pretty Pennies.