Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Project Three: Sew 10 Items in 100 days.





I should have called this challenge, how big of a mess can Alyson make of her house in 10 days.  It got pretty bad Sunday when I was finishing up my clutch.   So far the interviews are going well, but I am exhausted from talking about how wonderful I am and what kind of skills I have.  Thanks to some serious coffee this morning for perking me up enough to do it all over again.  However, as soon as I got done this morning, I came back to my house and slept... It was great.

 Sew What! Skirts: 16 Simple Styles You Can Make with Fabulous Fabrics

Let's talk about this project.  I had been wanting a full black skirt for a while to wear when I needed to look a little nicer.  However, I had always wanted to try making a wrap skirt.  In this book, I found instructions on how to make a half circle wrap skirt.  The instructions were clear and easy for me to understand.  The greatest thing about this book, no patterns.  All of the instructions are using measurements, which I enjoy more than paper patterns all over the place.  The instructions are also easily adaptable to make the clothes look however you want!

As for the rest of my outfit:
Blue tank: Gap
Mary Janes: Nine West

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! That skirt is really fantastic! I love that blue color on you, too.

    You are adorable! These are great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute!!!! I want one!:) lol The whole outfit is just plain FIERCE as Tyra would say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel Horn2:58 PM

    Alyson, you're awesome! You're doing amazing on your sewing projects! What talents you have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look so pretty! Love the skirt and the top! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just came all over myself

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails