Friday, July 16, 2010

Straight A's in Home Ec




This dress is further proof that I could survive in any time period.  This is another dress from Mel in our swap that we are doing.  I felt like a big blue cupcake, but in a good way.  Wednesday night (when I wore this), Sam and I were going to cook stir fry.  Before he came over I was already getting it started and I had on my apron.  It was almost a little too much 1950's house wife for the both of us.  The great thing about this dress though, I felt pretty.  I felt like a lady.  I felt super-feminine.  And I liked it.

My weekend plans are pretty sparse this weekend.  But I have had a really full week and my house is a disaster, so I am ready to just have some down time.  Besides, it is supposed to start raining in Nashville any second, so I'll be fighting every urge to crawl under a blanket instead of getting my house cleaning on.

Finally, I've made a little mini commitment to start working out more.  I may have said this before, but I am super skinnyfat.  Meaning, from the looks of me you would think that I am healthy and active, but that's not true.  I'm all squishy :).  So here is to kicking my butt into gear!  However, I did a buns workout by the same woman who did "Buns of Steel" and oh my gosh.  I have had trouble walking the past two days because my buns and thighs are so sore.

Dress: Swap with Mel
Belt: Target
Shoes: Urban Outfitters
Necklace: Jess LC

9 comments:

  1. That dress is so adorable! I love blue, I wear it all the time. Good luck on the buns of steel ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous dress! I love dressing like a lady. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, it looks great on you! and i like the fact that it made you feel like a big blue cupcake...uh I mean pretty and ladylike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look like a pretty pretty lady. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. that dress is super cute! looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so stinkin' adorable in these pics! I love that blue dress - I am totally into 50's house wife dresses. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress fits you perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do indeed look like a lady. Oh and I'm so right there with ya on the Skinny Fat thing. I always call myself a Fat Skinny girl, meaning I'm "skinny" by most people's standards, but I have no muscle whatsoever, its all fat, squishy mushy and wobbly. I just outed myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is super cute. :) Fun and colorful, perfect for summer.

    xx Love & Aloha
    **Swing by.. I have a little giveaway going on! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails