Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I Changed My Own Oil!





As the title of this post suggests, I hit a new level of badass yesterday.  I changed my own oil in my car!  Sam was by my side teaching me what to do but I unscrewed the plug in the oil pan, I unscrewed the oil filter...  WAAHOOO!  I was covered in dirty oil and road dust.  I didn't take any pictures, because life isn't America's Next Top Model and it wasn't pretty.  I had a stick in my hair when I crawled out from under my car.  I will say this though, it was pretty easy.

Outfit:

Straw Fedora: bought off the street in New York (oh, I feel so chic saying that!)
Necklace: vintage
T-shirt: um... Hollister (wow that was hard to admit)
Dress: swap with Mel
Gold ballet slippers: TJ Maxx

Another one of the dresses from my swap with Mel.  I really loved this dress and wanted to wear it but I needed to be able to wear this to work.  I decided to layer it over a bright colored t-shirt (that I bought YEARS AGO FROM HOLLISTER). 

Oh, and if you want to hire me to change your oil....  just let me know and I'll think about it. 

7 comments:

  1. Yes, will you PLEASE come change my oil?! That's awesome! I should learn how to do that...but I'm way too lazy.

    I love the trend of layering shirts underneath strapless dresses, and you look fantastic in this. You're adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit. I think it is one of your best ever. So cute and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rock! I dread anything to do with vehicles and their maintenance, it all angers and perplexed me.

    I like how you made this dress work appropriate. It's too cute to only be relegated to casual wear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's adorrrrrrable! I love it over the tee and the hat.... Über chic, you name-dropping son of a bitch :)

    And congratsies on changing the oil! If only you could teach BP a thing or two (ba-dum cchhh).

    .Haiku

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is that that hat looks soooo cute on you and I just can't pull those off! Love it (:

    xox
    Chandler

    http://chandler-freshstart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, just found your blog. It's super cute!! I love the combination of the t-shirt and dress with that wonderful fedora. I can't believe you haven't bought clothing since November!!!! That's insanity! What inspired you to do that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this outfit SO much! glad you changed your oil in something else so this pretty little number didn't get messy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails