Monday, July 26, 2010

For the love of ruffles!







Thursday afternoon, I had to take a little impromptu trip to Memphis to take care of some family stuff.  Saturday when I returned to Nashville, I took a 3 hour nap and then put this outfit on.  I visited some friends while they worked (at Ugly Mugs!), and then headed to grocery store to pick up some food.  Other than that, a pretty lazy Saturday.  But I felt so chic running around town!  Last weekend I met up with Kristin and sifted through her vintage before she consigned it to Rachel's shop.  I was beyond thrilled to walk out of there with this purple floral dress!  I folded it over and wore it as a skirt and paired it with one of my Trixxi tops.

Have I told you how much I love ruffles?  Oh, I loooove ruffles.  I could cover myself head to toe in ruffles if it was possible.  I lent one of my favorite ruffly tops to Mel in our swap so I was happy that I received this top in the mail from Trixxi.  I had actually been coveting many black ruffle tanks and couldn't wait to give this one a test drive.  I think it will be one of my favorites come fall and winter when the weather turns cooler and I can wear pants again.

I've been feeling a little ugh lately.  Especially as I am typing this up, I am wanting to crawl back in bed and curl up into the fetal position.  I'm not coming down with anything just feeling icky.  I have also been considering and thinking about my blog and just dealing with some things.  Soon, I should be back to my usual snarky-self.

Tank: courtesy of Trixxi
Skirt (actually a dress): courtesy of Kristin at Leproust
Flats: Old Navy
Necklace: family heirloom

7 comments:

  1. These ruffles are adorable! I love that top! The skirt is super sweet too.

    Sorry you're not feeling good these days. Hope things start getting better for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I flipping love this outfit. I really love wearing black with floral because it tones it down a bit and makes it a little more edgy and not too too girly.

    I'm sorry you are feeling icky - if you need someone to commiserate with you know I'm only an email away! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a lot of people are feeling the same way, if it's any consolation? Hopefully it passes!

    That dress was a great find! I love that pattern (floral on black/dark colors is my favorite kind of floral).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so simple and great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails