Monday, June 21, 2010

Returning to normal


Today is a day that I never thought would get here.  No more moving, no more packing, no more travel... just life as normal.  I am excited to nest in my own home, decorate, and just have life get back to normal. 

Perhaps most of you are dying to know about my trip to New York.  Well, I do have some bad news.  I barely took any pictures.  What is odd is these days, I never take a lot of pictures on trips anymore.  The best way to explain it is that I love to just soak things, places, events in.  I did get some cool shots of the Brooklyn Bridge on my iPhone.

My highlights of the trip were: driving through Manhattan in a U-Haul with two dogs, hanging with my sweet friend Tori, walking over the Brooklyn Bridge at night time, an oatmeal raisin cookie from BabyCakes, the trim stores in the Garment District, Beacon's Closet Park Slope, and getting to visit with dear Mel and Nickie.  I had such a blast getting to hang out with them!  This may sound silly, but I think the best part was seeing how animated they both are!

These are the first outfit photos at my new house (which by the way, I have a mini tour set up of an unofficial before pictures).  I am just pleased as punch as the way these turned out this morning!  I am really trying to be more wary of washing my hair everyday, and have finally found the mixture of product and process that works well.  Tonight, Sam is coming over so we can cook together.  I missed him a lot last week and I am so excited to get to spend some quality time with him this evening.

Black w/white polka dot blouse: Urban Outfitters
Black beach cover up skirt: Target
Gold lion belt: vintage
Red pointy toe flats: thrifted

9 comments:

  1. Hahaha, animated, as in, we're goofy or just the fact that after seeing so many pictures it's weird to actually hear us talk? hehe. I was so happy to have been able to spend some time with you! I'm seriously considering a trip down there soon. Nickie and I will talk and let you know! Now enjoy being back and your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're in a more peaceful place now!!

    I really like this top a lot, the flutter/ruffle sleeves are adorable. And, your hair looks wicked cute in these pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just say again how much I love your bangs? And super cute outfit too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilary Smith3:04 PM

    Your hair looks FABULOUS. I wish I could get mine to have that much oomph. :) This outfit is stunning, too. I especially love the gold lion belt...fun touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new house! I love your belt - it is so gorgeous!

    xoxo, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on getting settled. You look lovely and happy in these pictures. Glad to see you back at it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair is perfection here. PERFECTION. I am ridiculously jealous of it. Also, I cannot wait for the tour of your house. Might I suggest tacky 70s colors and yarn art decor?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What I love about this outfit:

    The cut of the skirt - emphasizes your small waist
    The shape of the shoes - elongates your legs
    The color of the shoes - adds a pop of interest
    The curl in your hair - very pretty!
    The belt - I want it.

    Love,
    CarolAnn
    http://CharismaU.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel the same about photos. It's like you spend so much time taking photos, if you decide to take them, that you don't really get to enjoy things.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails