Wednesday, March 24, 2010

afternoon light in spring time


The lighting yesterday afternoon at Sam's house was amazing.  Also, I just really enjoy having a person behind the camera instead of setting it on our patio table out in the yard.  Yesterday's outfit was pretty simple and I wanted to purposefully go a little overboard with accessories.  I bought this great necklace off of Mel from Idée Géniale who has a seperate blog that allows you to shop her closet.  Mel is so fashionable and has some great stuff posted, you should definitely check it out.  I loved this Elephant necklace as soon as I saw her post it.  I actually ended up wearing it all weekend long, too.

Kristin of Leproust Vintage and I did a little one way clothing swap.  One way meaning, she let me come raid her vintage from her etsy shop and stuff she was selling at Clothing Xchange.  I gladly took some stuff off her hands.  I have worn this skirt twice because I wore it on Saturday and of course yesterday.  Kristin has an amazing vintage collection of tops, dresses, purses, and more.  Oh, and one more thing; the special post is a little postponed.  But I'll keep you updated of course.

My final words, I just want to say thank you so much to all my readers.  I know I say this a lot, but when I look at how many people are following me through google follow, or fans of me through facebook, or connecting with me on twitter... I honestly cannot believe it.  Thank you for reading this blog of this crazy lady who decided she was going to not buy clothing for a year.  I am beyond blessed to know that I can turn to my readers.  Please know if you ever need anything, just let me know.  Also, if you have been reading my blog, and haven't reached out or commented... its okay.  Just know you can!  Thank you all for sticking with me and riding along with me in this journey.

Don't Give Up T-shirt: Print Liberation
Blue skirt with pockets: courtesy of Kristin of Leproust Vintage
Suede tan loafers: Target
Crimson Ghost Bracelet: ModCloth
Yellow rose bracelet: gift
Purple beaded bracelets: Claire's
Gold elephant necklace: Shop Idée Géniale's closet

10 comments:

  1. Love the color of this skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that elephant necklace. animal jewelry is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog... You have an adorable style about you! This outfit is prime example!!!

    xoxo
    Amy

    http://thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got back from playing in the park with the boy. You would have fit in perfectly with us.... probably Sam too, but it is hard to tell what he is wearing here. That's right. I am trying to picture what your boyfriend is wearing right now. Jealous?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the gold necklace! I am obsessed with elephant anything. I'm so glad to have accidentally found your blog too - I can't believe you're going a full year without buying any clothing! I'm trying for one year without buying anything new (secondhand only) and it is tough (but fun)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really LOVE this tee! I'm not one to want a t-shirt- but I really must have this one! Love this whole outfit- keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog...sorry I didn't have anything up other than my scary picture of that Precious/gollum thing from Lord of the Rings.

    I do love this blog you've got going on here. I like that you're going a year without buying clothes, when its all done can you share your secrets? I need to give this a try--I'd be a success if I could go just one week without buying something fashion related.
    And cute little elephant you scored from Mel--isn't she the coolest?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some seriously nifty accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE that necklace. So so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sweet message! love the shots!
    xo
    brandi from
    http://muchomuchobuenobueno.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails